BERSIH 2.0 IS HIRING!
18 August 2014
BERSIH 2.0 is seeking applicants who are interested in joining the team and bringing in their skills and knowledge. Applicants need to be well-versed in human rights, democracy and electoral reform issues.
MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
- Overseeing, monitoring and implementing media work plan to advance the mission and objectives of BERSIH 2.0.
- Initiating and coordinating information and responses to BERSIH 2.0’s issues through media statements, articles, press conferences and others.
- Establishing and updating media contacts and fostering relationship with editors and journalists, covering all media, on- and off-line.
- Building networks and partnerships with NGOs, government agencies and other institutions, locally and internationally to maximise communication of BERSIH 2.0 positions and issues.
- Coordinating, developing and executing social media strategies and plans.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate maturity, good communication, writing and interpersonal skills, and have strong social media experiences.
ADVOCACY AND EDUCATION OFFICER
- Overseeing and implementing advocacy on laws, policies and processes, including liaising with government institutions and NGOs to conduct content briefings, dialogues to advance reforms on free and fair elections.
- Developing programmes, activities and campaigns to promote BERSIH 2.0 as well as to advance democracy in general and electoral reforms on free and fair elections.
- Building networks and partnerships with new NGOs, government agencies and other institutions, locally and internationally to maximise dissemination of BERSIH 2.0 positions and issues.
- Building and strengthening working relationships between BERSIH 2.0, endorsing NGOs and regional vice-chairs to build ground support and awareness on BERSIH 2.0 work and activities.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate maturity, good communication, writing and interpersonal skills, and have strong advocacy and education experiences.
Email your CV and expected salary to: [email protected]
BERSIH 2.0 is a non-governmental coalition of 86 civil society organisations, working for free and fair elections in Malaysia.