The Coalition for Clean and Fair Elections (BERSIH 2.0) is seeking applicants who are interested in joining the team and applying their skills and knowledge toward engendering free and fair elections and improving democratic governance in Malaysia.
POSITION 1: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
BERSIH 2.0’s dynamic programmes are in the areas of outreach and citizen participation, advocacy in electoral policies, constituency building, media and communications, capacity building, campaigns and organisational development.
- Reporting to the BERSIH 2.0 Steering Committee, the Executive Director has the overall responsibility of providing strategic and visionary leadership to ensure effective achievement of the coalition’s mission;
- Leading strategic thinking and operational management in policy, programme development, implementation and evaluation; organisational structure and effectiveness; and financial sustainability;
- Overseeing fundraising;
- Providing high-level inputs to programme implementation; and
- Representing BERSIH 2.0 at national and international levels.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Preferably have knowledge in the area of electoral reform, democracy and human rights; advocacy, monitoring and information development;
- Have very high motivation and commitment to the vision, objectives and strategies of BERSIH 2.0 and the people’s movement, and support the advancement of human rights in Malaysia;
- Have strong leadership and social relationship abilities, both within the organisation and externally, particularly in developing networks with diverse civil society organisations, the public and donors;
- Have strategic and analytical skills as well as an excellent ability to communicate vision and ideas;
- Have led or managed a related national organisation or programme;
- Have spoken and written communication skills in Bahasa Malaysia and English (knowledge of other languages is an advantage); and
- Possess at least five years of effective experience working in a human rights or electoral reform organisation in Malaysia.
Issued by BERSIH 2.0 Secretariat