1. Stay away from agent provocateurs (even if they are wearing yellow t-shirts) and let BERSIH Security Team handle the situation. Avoid direct confrontation. They will be apprehended and handed over to the police. Form a ring around them and record their actions using video and/or photos.
2. We are there for a peaceful assembly. No weapons of any form should be brought nor should there be any destruction or defacement of properties. Again, anyone involved in such acts will be apprehended and handed over to the police.
3. Always follow the instructions of our authorised security volunteers. They will all be in our purple security t-shirts and carry a tag. When in doubt, call other security volunteers to verify their identity.
4. Should the police use pepper spray pellets to shoot at protesters, turn your back to them and quickly move away. Do not panic but follow the directions of the BERSIH Security Team.
5. We would also have clearly distinguishable placards to communicate with the crowd e.g. “UNDUR”, “SENYAP” etc.
6. Our assembly time on 19 November is from 10am to 6pm. Gather at the designated points at 10am or where there are large crowd of BERSIH supporters. Please disperse orderly after 6pm. The designated gathering points are Bangsar LRT (Dataran Maybank) and Masjid Negara.
7. In case of emergencies, our security teams will move you to the following evacuation points – KLCC, KL Sentral and Bangsar LRT.
8. Participants should not consume any drinks or food left by the roadside. This is to avoid poisoning by saboteurs.
9. We have independent observers, both local and international, who will be monitoring the BERSIH 5 rally. The medic team with 140 medical professionals and 6 ambulances are also on standby to assist in any emergencies. In case of an arrest, SMS your full name and IC number to our Urgent Arrest Team at 011-21376814 or 011-39376684.
10. Download our official app, Prime, and get official updates and instructions on your phones. It is available free on both Android and iOS. Also follow our official social media channels: Facebook (www.facebook.com/BERSIH2.0OFFICIAL), Twitter (www.twitter.com/bersih2), and Instagram (www.instagram.com/bersih2). Pay no heed to news that do not come from our official channels.
As organiser of the rally, BERSIH 2.0 will always seek to work in close cooperation with the police to ensure an orderly and peaceful assembly. We have assembled a 1,400-strong BERSIH Security Team to assist in traffic control, crowd control, stop provocations and to prevent criminal acts. They will be ready to work closely with the police to achieve these tasks.
SATUKAN TENAGA, MALAYSIA BARU.
Issued by the BERSIH 2.0 Steering Committee members